Consistent with the Philippine National Police’s mandated functions of enforcing the law, preventing and controlling crimes, maintaining peace and order and public safety, the Bohol Tourist Police Unit shall continuously train and maintain adequate number of personnel to be deployed in its area of responsibility to cater the public safety and special needs of tourists in order to ensure their safe, stress-free, and worthwhile stay in this part of the country.
The Bohol Tourist Police Unit is envisioned to institutionalize a special PNP Unit whose members possess special qualities of competence, professionalism and dependability, totally devoted to serving with pride and enthusiasm, the needs of both foreign and domestic tourists towards the attainment of a highly competitive, tourist and environmental-friendly region, thereby making Bohol as one of the best tourist destinations in the world.
In order to effectively carry out its mission, the Tourist Police Unit is assigned the following specific functions, to wit:
- Enforce the law and prevent and control crimes in their assigned area of jurisdiction.
- Ensure the public safety of the tourists and residents in the locality by conducting regular patrol and appropriate police presence to places of tourist interest.
- Facilitate and provide tourists with adequate assistance, service, and security protection.
- Monitor and investigate all cases involving tourist in coordination with concerned local police stations, resolve conflicts, and take immediate action on security and public safety concerns of tourists which are brought to its attention.
- In times of crises, secure and contain critical areas and immediately call for the participation of emergency responders and the Crisis Management Council (CMC).
- Assist in the conduct of emergency/disaster response like Search and Rescue and CPR/First Aid.
- Promote good understanding among people in the tourism business in advocating the importance of public safety, preservation and rehabilitation of natural resources, and cooperation in helping correct and mitigate the problems of environmental deterioration.
White Unit Name which means purity and completion in the performance of duty, with red background that signifies leadership qualities, promotes determination and motivates us to take action in the conduct of tourist protection and welfare.
Three Stars which symbolizes the three congressional districts of Bohol and the territorial integrity wherein this Unit will provide unwavering services to the boholano people especially its tourists.
Dominant Blue Color which means that this unit is trustworthy.
Green Laurel which depicts honor, dignity, and privilege of being a member of this noble unit of the Philippine National Police.
The Two Arms in the middle depict the blood compact between Sikatuna and Legazpi which emphasizes friendliness towards foreign and local tourists.
The Chocolate Hills, Tarsier, Floating Restaurants, and Dolphins are the highlights in Bohol Tourism.
The Yellow Ring symbolizes optimism and initiatives, the black marking “Bohol Provincial Police Office, the head of this unit” depicts competence, discipline, excellence, professionalism, and strong will in giving an impression of authority and power.
The PNP Philosophy, Service, Honor, and Justice.
Lastly, the “Letter i” which means information-provider to the general public especially both foreign and local tourists.